In 2018, the Mastercard Hopman Cup will feature a number of new initiatives to celebrate the tournament’s 30-year milestone including:
- Mastercard Hopman Cup to start on Saturday 30 December 2017 through to Saturday 6 January 2018
- The tournament will see 13 sessions take place across eight days with two sessions split across New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
$30 day session tickets
- All tickets for day sessions (six in total) are general admission. Adult prices start at $30 and are just $5 for children aged 3 to 14 years
- Introduced in 2017, the $5 children’s ticket is designed to welcome more young tennis fans to Perth Arena and gives kids the opportunity to watch some of the best players in the world compete. Prices are valid until 1 December.
Local community activations
- The Mastercard Hopman Cup will extend its footprint throughout the city of Perth with a number of lead-in activations and events from October through to December.
Mastercard Hopman Cup Trophy Tour – 30 schools in 30 days
- The Mastercard Hopman Cup trophy and the tournament’s brand new mascot ‘Hoppy’ will visit 30 schools throughout the month of November. Schools will run a number of different tennis activities and initiatives including ANZ Tennis Hot Shots during each visit.
- Brinkhaus Jewellers will design two iconic tennis ball trophies for the winning team
- World class automotive brand Jaguar has signed on as the tournament’s new official vehicle partner
- Coopers joins the Mastercard Hopman Cup family as official beer and cider partner
- Nova 93.7 will be the tournament’s official FM radio partner.
- Channel Seven to broadcast the Mastercard Hopman Cup live and free across Australia and more than 15 international partners to broadcast the tournament to 150+ countries.
Former champions and players’ tribute video
- Former Hopman Cup champions and players’ have congratulated the tournament on reaching its 30 year milestone in a tribute video.
Have a Hit on Us
- The Have a Hit on Us campaign returns for the third consecutive year, offering all Mastercard Hopman Cup ticket holders the chance to redeem their ticket stub for one hour of free court hire at their local West Australian tennis club.
The Mastercard Hopman Cup strives to be a fan-friendly tournament and continues to introduce innovation each year.
“Our aim is to be one of the most fan-friendly events in the world, and this is why we have introduced a number of new initiatives including the $30 day ticket to encourage more families to attend the Mastercard Hopman Cup,” Tournament Director Paul Kilderry said.
“The tournament’s extended footprint throughout the city of Perth and our Mastercard Hopman Cup Trophy Tour will see the state engage with the event in a brand new way. We couldn’t be more excited to mark 30 years and 2018 is going to be the biggest yet.”